A friend of mine gave me this recipe. It is FANTASTIC. I really like it, as does everyone in my family, including my 3 year old.
I’ve made a few changes to the original, but it is so simple, and yummy.
- About 2 cups of cooked chicken (or two chicken breasts): I cook my whole chicken in a crock pot and use all of it for various meals.
- About 3 cups of frozen broccoli florets – partially cooked. so they are still cool, but not frozen.
- One box of condensed cream of chicken soup. (I used Pacific brand. You can find it really cheap at the Thrive Market *Affiliate Link*)
- Half cup of Mayonnaise (Again, a great price available at Thrive Market for Non-GMO Mayo)
- One Cup of Grated Cheddar cheese (Split into two half cup parts)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover the bottom of a 8 x 8 baking dish with the shredded chicken.
- Cover that with the partially cooked florets (cook these for about half the time you usually do)
- In a separate bowl, mix together the mayo, condensed soup, and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Spread this on top of the chicken and broccoli.
- Sprinkle the remaining half cup of cheese over the casserole.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve over rice. (Rice how-to here)
As you can see from the pictures, I basically just cover the bottom of the dish with chicken and layer the broccoli over. As you make it, you may find you like more or less chicken or broccoli. Again, it’s up to you and what you like. That’s one of the big pluses of cooking for yourself.
The flavors in the soup is so delicious I find I don’t need to add any extra spices. The brand is made of whole natural ingredients. You are not eating chemical soup with this, you are still eating real food. So if you are looking for a good replacement for your Campbell’s Cream of Whatever, I highly recommend these soups.