Do you have the Dandelion Mind? I know I do. What is the Dandelion Mind and what does it mean? First let’s talk about a dandelion in real terms. I’ve talked about why these weeds are a blessing before. I love this plant which others deem a weed. I love it for so many reasons:
- Dandelions are dynamic accumulators of nutrients. A dynamic accumulator is a plant that mines nutrients (micro and macro) and minerals from deep within the earth and brings these nutrients to the surface. This helps with overall soil health.
- The dandelions break up compacted soil. They make the soil more habitable for other plants. They are paving the way for other plant life.
- Dandelions are resilient, and spreading the seeds of the dandelion is fun and easy ! (think of blowing the beautiful white fluffy head and making a wish)
- All parts of the plant are edible or useful. They even have medicinal qualities which aids digestion.
- It is a beautiful flower.
But others can see Dandelion as a nuisance:
- It’s not grass. It grows wildly and spreads easily. It is therefore a weed.
What does the dandelion mind mean to me? The Dandelion Mind means you try to mine value and bring that value to the surface to help the beings around you. Whether that’s cooking a healthy meal, teaching someone a skill, or just leading by example. Being the best you you can be. You try to be useful. You ask yourself what you can do to help. Spreading your way of doing things can be fun, much like spreading the white fluffy seeds of a ripe dandelion. Dandelions add beauty in the world. You might add beauty through music, art or by modeling kindness. You have your own unique beauty to add. But beware, not everyone sees the beauty of the dandelion. That doesn’t mean it’s not beautiful, it just means that there are some folks who don’t see it. And that’s okay. The dandelion will still bloom, providing nectar for the bees, and flowers for a child’s bouquet for their mother. The Dandelion Mind celebrates the differences. The Dandelion Mind is not mad at the grass for not being a Dandelion, it still mines the nutrients and breaks the compacted soil, making the land more fertile for other plants to grow, including grass.
The dandelion will continue to live and thrive where it is needed most. So if you let your beauty shine, and contribute by being true to yourself, no matter what the surrounding opinion, you have the Dandelion Mind. So bloom on beautiful Dandelions, bloom on.